Project type: Conversion
Client: MF Freeman
Contract period: 12 Months
The iconic 1920’s former factory buildings were the centre of the regeneration of the former Cadbury, Somerdale factory site. Somerdale is situated on the north eastern fringe of Keynsham, a market town located between Bristol (approximately 5.6 miles to the north west) and Bath (approximately 8.2 miles to the south east).
This element of the regeneration master plan aimed to provide commercial space, residential, extra care apartments and nursing care beds. Creating continuity of care community on the site with the commercial space including a health centre and pharmacy.
Walker Prichard's involvement consisted of the following;
- The creation of development options within the existing buildings, comprising of nursing care, extra care and residential comprising of market sale apartments, private rent sector and affordable housing.
- Mix, design and layout advise to achieve the optimum solutions for the differing uses, residential tenures and prospective end users.
- Advice on private rent sector design standards, viability and investment return.
- Advice on the affordable housing provisions, tenure options and compliance with the Local Plan Policies and SPDs.
- Development viability modelling of each option and tenures.
- Construction cost advice for the options, including differing construction approaches.
- Identifying end user partners for the differing uses.